Candidate for the South Sudanese Chairmanship 2015 – 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen I, Emmanuel Kondok, am I willing to contest for the position of the Chairman of South Sudanese Community and Other Marginalized Areas Association in NSW. I am requesting you all to promote my candidacy and vote for me during these Elections. I am sure your votes are mine as of today. Please keep announcing my candidacy at your events or any social gatherings you may hold at any time before the actual General Elections of this Association.
MY LEADERSHIP STRENGTHS AND QUALITIES
- CALM AND PATIENT IN CRISIS
- CONFIDENT DECISION MAKER
- COMMITTED AND RELIABLE
- GOOD LISTENER
- RESPECTFUL OF ALL POINTS OF VIEW
- PROBLEM SOLVER
- MEDIATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION SKILLS
- ACCEPTS OWN MISTAKES AND ABLE TO MOVE FORWARD
- FORGIVING OF OTHERS’ MISTAKES
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF AUSTRALIAN SYSTEMS
- RELATIONSHIPS AND NETWORKS WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS
- PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY
- GOOD TIME MANAGER
- GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF ORGANISATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- FUNDING SUBMISSION WRITING SKILLS
- ALWAYS WILLING TO LEARN AND IMPROVE
- GOOD TEAM PLAYER AND GOOD INITIATIVE
- ETHICAL AND TRUTHFUL
- Development of the Southern Hope Community Organisation (SHCO)
- Girls sport Program
- Cultural Awareness Program in Australian schools.
- Comprehensive Leadership Workshops
- Supported South Sudanese Mental Health Conference.
- South Sudanese leaders and friends leadership camp and workshops.
- South Sudanese Parenting Project
- South Sudanese Women’s leadership camp.
- Supported organisation of South Sudanese Independence Celebrations.
- Excellent relationships with all relevant service providers.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Leaders and Dignitaries my policies for the Chairmanship Elections in the NSW 2015 – 2017 are very concise and geared towards achieving Mission and Vision of the South Sudanese Community in NSW. Please help me to announce these to the public of South Sudanese people and other listeners.
- There is a limited awareness of the culture, needs and strengths of South Sudanese among general public and service providers. If elected, I will work on increasing cultural awareness in wider Australian community and among service providers.
- last strategic planning session for the whole community was held in 2009. if elected i will start with a strong strategic planning process involving all south sudanese leaders and elders.
- i will work on bringing unity and harmony amongst the many communities of south sudan living in nsw. we are all brothers and sisters and we can live and work together for the good of us all.
- unemployment rate in general australian community is 6.4% and amongst south sudanese it is 28.65%. i will work on developing projects and partnerships to increase employment in south sudanese community.
- i will actively support south sudanese media particularly south sudanese radio stations – both sbs and community. i will also ensure the association has a website and facebook page.
- i will coordinate efforts to obtain a centre for south sudanese community where we will be able to run our own activities 24/7.
- i will work on projects to engage youth and families and decrease social isolation.
- soon after the elections, i will work on revising and updating our constitution to ensure it reflects the needs and aspirations of south sudanese in nsw. i would like to see membership free or more affordable.
- with the new management committee, i will work on creating a sustainable source of income for the association.
- i will work on support and recognition of south sudanese businesses and seek their sponsorship for the association.
- more parenting workshops for south sudanese parents
- i will engage media, politicians and service providers to lobby for the needs of south sudanese community at all levels.
- i will work on creating bridges between south sudanese and wider australian community.
- i will promote projects that cater for the needs of south sudanese elderly people.
- i will facilitate access to free tax accountants for family day care businesses.
- many service providers work with our community. i will ensure their efforts are coordinated.
- i will ensure schools are aware of south sudanese children’s needs.
- my management will be transparent and accountable and i will keep to the term of the office.
last but not least – i will support all sub-communities with their plans and initiatives!
PLEASE VOTE FOR ME AND ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR ME TOO!
I WILL WORK ON FOSTERING UNITY AND CONNECTIONS